Yields approximately 2 quarts – Prep time: 10 minutes, Ready time: 10 minutes
- 1 qt – water
- 2 cups – Romaine lettuce firmly pressed into measuring cup
- 1 cup – green kale firmly pressed into measuring cup
- 1 cup – fresh spinach firmly pressed into measuring cup
- 8 oz – cucumber
- 1 – large apple (core removed)
- 1/2 cup – parsley firmly pressed into measuring cup
- 2-4 Tbsp – fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups – ice
- 1 cube – frozen ginger juice
- optional – see Ginger Lemon Soda for ginger cube recipe
- optional – pinch cayenne, adds some heat for a different twist
Blend all ingredients together in a large, variable speed blender.
The smoothie settles when it sits, optional to serve it with a long spoon so that you can give it a stir in between sips.
Note: If you only have a small blender, blend in two batches and mix them together after blending. Blending is suggested over juicing since the healthy fiber is lost during juicing; however If you have a juicer and prefer juices to smoothies, juice the Romaine, kale, spinach, cucumber, apple and parsley first. Add this juice to the blender, along with the lemon juice, ice, and ginger cube. Do not include the quart of water if you’re using the juicer.