Vegan Chocolate Banana Pudding
Serves 6 – No one will guess this rich, dark chocolate pudding counts tofu as its secret ingredient. Sweetened with dates and ripe bananas, serve this decadent pudding with fresh berries, sliced apples or extra diced banana.
- 6 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes to soften
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Drain dates from soaking liquid, squeeze out excess water and place in a food processor or high-speed blender. Add bananas, tofu, cocoa, cinnamon and vanilla. Purée until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Cover and chill pudding at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate pudding in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Per Serving: Serving size: about 1/2 cup, 180 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 17g sugar), 10g protein
Sourced by Whole Foods Market